National Lavender Green Caucus Candidate Endorsement Questionnaire
Questionnaire can be copied and pasted into an email or downloaded
Home or campaign office address:
Phone number and preferred E-mail address:
Office you are seeking:
Date of election:
Social networking sites:
Please answer the following questions as completely as possible and return completed questionnaire
to the National Lavender Greens Caucus Secretary at: email@example.com
gay, bi, trans, queer, intersex, asexual, others (LGBTQIA+) people in the U.S. are twice as likely to be without health insurance
compared to the rest of the U.S. population. What will your office do to help ameliorate this disparity in coverage while working
towards single payer healthcare?
3. How would you improve gender disparity in political representation, funding priorities, healthcare,
job placement, and so forth? What do you think are the biggest obstacles for women and girls in the U.S.
4. Do you support the inclusion
of transgender people in federal bills pertaining to non-discrimination and hate crime legislation?
5. What is your position regarding
religious freedom acts?
6. How would you address the high poverty, low employment rate, high incarceration rate, and high murder rate
for transgender persons?
7. Would you make hiring qualified transgender persons, persons of color, and persons with a disability a
priority in your office?
8. Would you support an age-appropriate public school curriculum that teaches awareness and sensitivity regarding
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression?
9. What steps would you take to curb discrimination and violence directed
at LGBTQIA+ youth in public schools.
10. Do you think that sexual orientation and/or gender identity or expression should be a factor
in determination of child custody cases, or consideration for placement of foster children or for adoption?
11. Do you support needle
exchange programs to reduce transmission of blood borne diseases, including HIV?
12. Would you support Federal funding for HIV/AIDS
programs and public HIV/STD prevention education?
13. The impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic is hardest on racial minorities who tend
to be poor due to systemic racism in the United States. How do you propose addressing the HIV/AIDS needs of this population?
you have sensitivity training for your staff members regarding LGBTQIA+ issues?
15. Would you support mandatory diversity training
for public employees that includes racism and LGBTQIA+ issues?
16. Do you support the right of religious organizations that offer
social services and receive tax dollars to subsidize these services to discriminate against LGBTQIA+ people?
17. What do you think
are the biggest issues facing LGBTQIA+ people of color?
18. What do you think are the biggest issues facing LGBTQIA+ people with disabilities?
19. Please describe (briefly) what your top goals will be if elected to this office.
20. What past or present LGBTQIA+ related events,
activities, or organizations have you participated in?
21. How will you get the LGBTQIA+ vote as a Green Party candidate?
22. Do you
support the four pillars and the Ten Key Values? Ecological Wisdom, Social Justice, Grassroots Democracy, Nonviolence, Decentralization,
Community-Based Economics, Feminism, Respect for Diversity, Personal & Global Responsibility, and Future Focus? If "No" please
23. Do you support the Mission of the Lavender Greens Caucus? Elimination of heterosexism and all its manifestations such
as homophobia, violence, prejudice, and injustice against the LGBTQIA+ communities, and the elimination of racism and sexism and all
their manifestations in LGBTQIA+ communities, and society as a whole? If "No" please elaborate.
24. Do you meet all of the legal qualifications
for this office?
25. What primary ballot (if any) did you pull in the last general primary? ____
26. Why do you wish to hold
27. Why do you feel you are qualified to run?
28. What do you think is the most important issue to be addressed?
29. What do you think is the most important LGBTQIA+ issue to be addressed?
30. Have you previously run for and/or held a public elected
31. Have you been convicted of any crime? If "Yes" please elaborate